A community for students.

Here's the question you clicked on:

55 members online
  • 0 replying
  • 0 viewing

INeedHelp27

  • one year ago

If the Federal Reserve decreases the reserve rate from 4% to 2%, how does this affect the amount of money that would result because of fractional-reserve banking from an initial deposit into a bank of $55,000?

  • This Question is Closed
  1. anonymous
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    What do you think it is?

  2. INeedHelp27
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    Bruh i need the Answer.

  3. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 2

    The reserve rate or reserve ratio of 4% means that the bank must keep 4% of the cash that was deposited. They must keep it in their vault. The rest (96%) can be loaned out to others to generate more money. Hopefully based on this you can see how lowering the reserve ratio would affect how the bank makes money. http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/reserveratio.asp

  4. INeedHelp27
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 0

    A. It increases the amount by $2,750,000. B. It decreases the amount by $2,750,000. C. It decreases the amount by $1,375,000. D. It increases the amount by $1,375,000.

  5. jim_thompson5910
    • one year ago
    Best Response
    You've already chosen the best response.
    Medals 2

    it sounds like dumbcow found the answer on this page http://openstudy.com/study#/updates/51474bebe4b04cdfc58302b7 well not the answer to your specific problem, but it's a similar one

  6. Not the answer you are looking for?
    Search for more explanations.

    • Attachments:

Ask your own question

Sign Up
Find more explanations on OpenStudy
Privacy Policy

Your question is ready. Sign up for free to start getting answers.

spraguer (Moderator)
5 → View Detailed Profile

is replying to Can someone tell me what button the professor is hitting...

23

  • Teamwork 19 Teammate
  • Problem Solving 19 Hero
  • You have blocked this person.
  • ✔ You're a fan Checking fan status...

Thanks for being so helpful in mathematics. If you are getting quality help, make sure you spread the word about OpenStudy.

This is the testimonial you wrote.
You haven't written a testimonial for Owlfred.