1. What is the appositive phrase in this sentence? Her uncle, the man over there in the red shirt, owns the hardware store in town. A. in town B. Her uncle C. owns the hardware store D. the man over there in the red shirt
2. What is the appositive phrase in this sentence? The flavors she chose were black licorice, cotton candy, and penuche, a kind of maple fudge. A. a kind of maple fudge B. The flavors C. black licorice, cotton candy, and penuche D. she chose
3. What is the appositive in this sentence? Sue, have you met our goalie Rob? A. Rob B. Sue C. goalie D. you
4. What is the appositive in this sentence? Jack London's book White Fang is one of my favorite novels. A. White Fang B. my favorite C. favorite novels D. London's book
5. Which words in the sentence make up the appositive phrase? Which words does it rename? Edward and Katrina, talented dancers, have won many awards at dance competitions. A. dance competitions; renames many awards B. talented dancers; renames Edward and Katrina C. Edward and Katrina; renames awards D. won many awards; renames talented dancers
6. Which words in the sentence make up the appositive phrase? Which word does it rename? The reference book, the one about Earth and its rocks, is missing from the shelf. A. from the shelf; renames missing B. reference book; renames one C. the one about Earth and its rocks; renames book D. and its rocks; renames Earth
7. Which sentence contains an incorrectly punctuated appositive or appositive phrase? A. Cindy Sherman, a popular photographer, just had a show at this gallery. B. You must be home by eight o'clock your curfew time. C. The movie Shrek is one of my favorites. D. The big winner at yesterday's game was Dan's team, the former underdogs.
8. Which sentence contains an incorrectly punctuated appositive or appositive phrase? A. Sarah Smith, the first person from our town to attend Yale, is giving a speech at the meeting. B. One hero in the animation field is Mel Blanc the voice behind many cartoon characters. C. Science fiction writer Orson Scott Card is very talented. D. Were the writers Ernest Hemingway and Gertrude Stein ever photographed together?
9. Which kind of phrase are the underlined words in the sentence? Julia, a talented artist, was able to get all of her supplies for the project. A. appositive phrase B. adverb phrase C. adjective phrase
10. Which kind of phrase are the underlined words in the sentence? Fruit from the farmer's market always seems fresher than the grocery store produce. A. adverb phrase B. adjective phrase C. appositive phrase
9.a talented artist, 10.from the farmer's market