What are the three main powers of the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial Branches of government? I already know what they do. I just need to know their powers.
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
Executive - President
The powers of the Executive Branch are:
1. Grant reprieves and pardons (except in impeachment cases)
2. Make treaties (with consent of senate)
3. Appoint Ambassadors (again with the consent of senate)
4. Appoints public ministers and consuls (with the consent of senate)
5. Can reject or accept the judges of the supreme court (with the consent of senate)
6. Can appoint basically any officer that is ranked below him with the consent of the senate
7. Can fill up vacancies during the recess of the senate
Legislative - Senate and Congress
Having the power to make laws: "the country's supreme legislative body".
1. To regulate interstate commerce, commerce with other nations, and commerce with Native Americans
2. To make a system of laws for immigration
3. To make a system of laws for bankruptcies
4. To make a system of law for patents and copyrights
5. To create a system for taxes and regulate that system
6. To regulate our military system
Judicial - Courts
1.Interpreting the laws
2. Protecting individual rights granted by the constitution
3. Checks the other two branches so that their is equal power
Hope that is more than enough.(: