Fill in each blank with the most appropriate word from Lesson 2. Use a word or any of its forms once. (Words at the bottom of the page
1. Balancing a budget is a(n)______task for individuals as well as for governments.
2. When several people pass along information one by one, the inevitably_____it.
3. Although admirers were eager to lionize the Bronte sisters, they were_______s, preferring their own company to that of the outside world.
4. Thomas Carlyle says that "__________is hard upon a man" but that prosperity is even harder to endure.
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
5. A clever_______may win admiration for wit but discourage gentler feelings.
6. Readers of Beverly Cleary's_______have met Henry Huggins, an amusing character who appears in a succession of her of her novels.
7. As they leap, turn somersaults, and otherwise________ their bodies, Olympic gymnasts prove their suppleness.
8. Although the nursery rhyme begins, "Mary, Mary, quite contrary," The references to her garden and "maids all in a row" do not explain why she is_______.
adversity avert contort distort introvert perverse prose retort subservient subvert tortuous