At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus. Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
1. Why does the author of "Close Encounters of the Bear Kind" begin the article with the words "Beep…beep…beep…beep"? A. to demonstrate her expertise to readers B. to impress readers with her ability to capture sounds in writing C. to engage readers and capture their attention D. to illustrate how dangerous bears can be
What do you think?
2. Which is one clue that "Close Encounters of the Bear Kind" is a work of nonfiction? A. The article is accompanied by photographs that show real people and actual events. B. The article ends with a quotation rather than with a paragraph written by its author. C. The author of the article is a professional writer. D. The article has a title that is similar to the title of a movie.
What do you think?
A. or B
A is correct.
4. Based on "Close Encounters of the Bear Kind," which conclusion can be drawn about John Hechtel? A. He is an avid hunter who respects animals and their environment. B. He does not regret the fact that he cannot work in Africa. C. He has never had an incident with a bear in which he faced real danger. D. He wishes bears were more appreciative of his efforts.
what do u think
ive nvr see this story
I'm not entirely sure for this one, I would go with what you think best.
Based on "Are Dogs Dumb?" which conclusion can be drawn about any effective test of an animal's intelligence? A. The test must avoid challenging the animals too much because that might make results difficult to interpret. B. The test must be one that people can do with ease, since people are much smarter than animals. C. The test must take into account the animal's natural personality and fears, as well as its biological wants and needs. D. The test must be one that provides the results expected by the researchers who designed it.
ive read are dogs dumb
What do you think?
A. or D.
Neither, what else do you think it could be?
I believe so.
6. Based on "The Think Tank," which conclusion can be drawn about Shumaker? A. He believes that he has taught Azy all that Azy can learn. B. He is excited to continue his work with orangutans. C. His initial ideas are often proven correct by his research. D. He plans to expand his research experiments to include gorillas.
i think A.
.....I read these stories last year, the details on them are rather fuzzy.... I'm not entirely sure what this one is...
What is the purpose of "The Think Tank"? A. to show that orangutans are highly social, but have only average intelligence B. to argue that orangutans should not be held in captivity C. to compare orangutans with seagulls and other animals that are not apes D. to show how some researchers study animal thinking
c foir the other
8. Which word best describes the tone of "The Think Tank"? A. shocked B. formal C. conversational D. critical
can you help with question 8 I posted it up above
i think its B.
b and ermahgerd u ask alotta questions
well the first page say pleas help I have 12 questions
u keep spamming my notifs by tagging me
9. Which is one purpose that the photographs that accompany the article serve in "The Think Tank"? A. They provide details that are less important than those in the text. B. They allow readers to skip certain sections of text. C. They allow readers to see what the writer of the article looks like. D. They give readers interesting images to go along with the text.
@CoolDude12 @CoolDude12 @CoolDude12 @CoolDude12
i think d.
just to let u know i hate literatur and will major in biology
10. In "The Think Tank," why does the author begin the final paragraph of the article with a question? A. to criticize Shumaker's lack of ideas about what to do next B. to casually lead into Shumaker's plans for future research C. to show that she does not have all the answers D. to suggest that writers, like scientists, must be curious
ok go with d then
b or d
are u in gca 6th grade and this a lit unit assessment?
what does gca stand for? yes i am in 6th grade. yes this is a unit assessment
georgia cyber academy
no i do MVCA (Michigan Virtual Charter Acadamy) k12
ahhhh so still online school i do geargia onlkine school im in 7th
oh wat is the answer to question 10 though
b or d
answer the last 2 urself
beuase its ur test
now i have others to help
ok then thanks for the help though