1. Which of the following sets of terms could be used in a description of the peripheral nervous system? (1 point)
motor neuron, interneuron, sensory neuron
brain, sensory neuron, myelin
interneuron, spinal cord, autonomic
somatic, brain, spinal cord
Stacey Warren - Expert brainly.com
Hey! We 've verified this expert answer for you, click below to unlock the details :)
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus.
Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.
I got my questions answered at brainly.com in under 10 minutes. Go to brainly.com now for free help!
2. Which of the following is not a function of the human nervous system? (1 point)
listening to music
moving oxygen from air into the blood
signaling the diaphragm to contract
3. Which of the following correctly describes how nerve impulses move throughout the body? (1 point)
electrical transmission through neurons and electrical transmission between neurons
chemical transmission through neurons and chemical transmission between neurons
chemical transmission through neurons and electrical transmission between neurons
electrical transmission through neurons and chemical transmission between neurons
4. An external event stimulates a sensory nerve, which transmits a signal to an interneuron in the spinal
cord. This stimulates a motor neuron, which stimulates a muscle to contract. Which of the following
terms applies to the sequence of events described above?
5. A person wakes from sleep, hears a strange noise downstairs, and becomes alarmed. Which of the
following describes the corresponding events taking place in his nervous system?
motor neurons spinal cord brain
brain motor neurons
brain spinal cord sensory neurons
sensory neurons spinal cord brain